Tuesday 23 November 2010

Christmas at Iceland hits the screens!

THE RESULTS OF OUR WORK ARE NOW THERE TO SEE...
THE ICELAND MUMS ARE ON TV...
PRANCING AROUND IN FISHNET TIGHTS....
SHOWING SHOPPERS ICELAND’S CHRISTMAS DELIGHTS!

Hello everyone, and my first question has to be: what do you all think of the new adverts?

Well I sincerely hope that they are as enjoyable to watch as they were to film. The first thing that struck me when I saw the end result was just how colourful and fast paced they are and how so much is jam packed into such a short space of time. I previously described how much effort went into filming and how we all had our moments of tears and overwhelming tiredness, but despite all that I think I speak for the whole group when I say we all just want to do it again now!

I decided to celebrate the first airing on TV with my friends and family again and invited them all round for a lovely roast dinner. I was sent a big box of Iceland Christmas food to sample and write reviews for the website, so it was a good excuse to kill two birds with one stone. We had the stuffed roast lamb which smelt delicious whilst cooking and was very well received by everybody. (Watch out for the full review coming soon to Iceland’s website!)

It really is the best job in the world to be sent new ranges from Iceland and there is never a shortage of friends ready to help me with the reviews. Luke’s school friend Harry helped with the mini fish and chip cones. They were both very excited to find that if you read the printing on the actual cones Steven Gerrard is mentioned as they are both big Liverpool fans and both attend football club with his name on their shirts.

It is so nice to have a big table to eat from in the new house. In our old house we all had to squeeze in round the breakfast bar which was hard work when there were 7 of us! I think eating should always be a social activity and sometimes it’s the only chance to get to really talk as a family when you all have busy lives. We have always had a rule that when we sit down for tea , even if it is just me and the boys, we all have to say at least one thing that happened to us during the day just to catch up with each other.

Well this particular Sunday we had a lot to talk about as not only was it the first time the Christmas adverts would be on TV, The new series of I’m a Celebrity was starting too. Iceland have been sponsors of this programme for quite a few years now and this time the “Iceland mums “have been lucky enough to make all the sponsorship adverts too. These were really lovely adverts to film as we were divided into two groups and made a series of group adverts to open each show. We also then each got to star in our own personal 10 second advert all based on the theme of real mums being stars in their own families.

When the Christmas advert came on everyone clapped and cheered and a few family members had great fun trying on my cancan skirt and trying to do their own version of the advert! Don’t think I should say any more about that one though!

It wasn’t long to wait then until the “I’m a Celebrity “adverts and there I was, discussing my camping trip with Eve!

It really does feel good to think of what we have all achieved this year. Granted, some of it was down to good old fashioned luck, but a big part of it was down to following our dreams and believing in ourselves. I don’t expect any of us really thought by sitting down at our computers and applying to a competition, that a year later we would all be on TV being watched by millions of people - but it happened! There really is a special magic between us all now in sharing this life changing experience. I know that some of the friendships made will last a lifetime.

I have now seen all the individual “I’m a Celebrity” adverts and I love each and every one of them. I think our own personalities, which are all different, are starting to shine through. Sam and Luke have watched them all and argue between themselves about which one is best. Luke is ever loyal at the age of 7 and says he likes mine best. However I’m not sure that he likes me having an extra “daughter” and always has to get close and have a cuddle when it is shown!

Sam says he likes Eve’s best and that is because she is “a very nice person”. All true, but can’t help wondering if it also has something to do with her stunning “Marilyn Monroe” impression! We aren’t far from the start of teenage hormones in Sam!

I really can’t decide which my favourite is because whichever one it is at the time I sit there thinking “Ooooh this is a good one.” Everyone just looks so glamorous too. When I watch my own I just remember what a little sweetie my “screen daughter” was and hope that she is enjoying seeing herself on TV too.

Please come back next week when I can tell you how the adverts have been received in my home town of Nailsea and the changes that have happened to me.

Thanks for reading

Ellie

X

No comments:

Post a Comment