Friday 14 May 2010

An Exciting Week!

Hello again,

What an exciting week it’s been!

I have to start with my favourite general election quote of the week from Luke my 6 year old. He asked “ Mum, why didn’t Gordon Ramsay win again this time?”. Normally I always try to give honest, truthful answers to all their questions however strange but, in this case, by the time I had stopped laughing, he had moved onto something else. Apparently I am not alone, other mums have told me this week that they have had comments like…“Who gets hung in parliament?”… and “I want Nutmeg” to win … (Nick Clegg)!

Anyway, that’s enough of politics. People have been asking me this week, “How does it feel to be The New Face of Iceland?” The only way I can describe it is to say that now I have two lives, ‘Normal life’ and ‘Funny life’. ‘Normal life’ is exactly the same as it always has been, make the sandwiches, do the chores , go to work , make sure football kit is ready etc...etc...but in ‘funny life’ anything can happen!

For example. On Thursday I rushed home from work after picking up the boys and then had 10 minutes to get us all changed and ready for a photo shoot! I was expecting a few poses and job done, like when the local newspaper photographers came, but oh no! He arrived in a van like the A -Team and proceeded to set up white background screens, lights in umbrellas and huge extension cables all over the sitting room.

Don’t get me wrong, it was very exciting and we really don’t normally have things like this going on so all good fun, but getting 5 children (Rob’s too) to be in the same place, smile and not pull funny faces was a challenge for even the best photographer! Rob tried to help by playing songs on the computer in the background such as “The Model” by Kraftwerk and “Girls on film” by Duran Duran but I must admit the children were starting to get hungry and, when he tried to make me laugh by changing my phone’s language to French, I nearly lost the plot. It’s funny NOW but not at the time!

The photographer must have taken about 100 photos of which I presume only one or two will make it into the magazine so I’ll be very interested to see which ones are picked.

‘Normal life’ then continued over the weekend until Monday night when I had to try and chose what to wear for my big first visit to Iceland HQ on Tuesday. I made the mistake of asking the boys if they would help decide as I put on the different options and asked for their feedback. All I can say is children can be very harsh. They turned into the judging panel from “Britain’s Got Talent” with Sam taking to the role of Simon Cowell like a natural. His comments included “ No, No, No, that’s the worst I’ve ever seen… what do you think Piers?” and Piers (Luke) saying “Come back next year when you have some new clothes!”.

That’s it for now but please come back next week when I can tell you all about my exciting day at Iceland HQ where I saw the biggest cuddly stuffed penguin ever!

Ellie
X

1 comment:

  1. You are a natural blogger, Ellie. It all comes to life as I read. Looking forward to the next!

    ReplyDelete