Monday 12 July 2010

A Stylist Calls

A FAMILY BAR-B-QUE WEEKEND AND KIDS ON SCOOTERS.....
A STYLIST CAME AND STRUGGLED WITH MY HOOTERS....
THE SHOES LOOKED NICE ON MY FEET......
AND THE BRIDGET JONES PANTS WORKED A TREAT!!!

Hello again.
Must start by quickly mentioning one more interesting fact I discovered about Glastonbury. My mum informs me that I have actually been to Glastonbury before. The very first one ever in fact in 1970, as an unborn baby, albeit unknown to my mum at the time. She had never told me that story before and never ceases to amaze me with her tales!

Anyway, it was nice to get back to normal this week and return to the world of baths and showers. We had a lovely barbeque on Saturday with Rob and his children after I finished work. Charlotte had a friend round too. The light evenings are a real bonus when you have six children to entertain and we enjoyed every minute of spectating while they had energetic scooter races. We also played a game that involved throwing a sponge rocket at each other in teams of 4 and if it hit you then you were out. If you caught it you could get a team member back in. I got shouted at by the boys for “throwing like a girl”. Seem to remember my old PE teacher making similar, if not worse comments! I thought it was nice that in this world of computer games and technology sometimes the best entertainment is still a £2.50 foam rocket! We played until it got dark then collapsed in bed from all the fresh air.

I have also had a visit from the Iceland stylist this week which was very exciting. His name was Scott and he is in charge of dressing us all for the new Iceland adverts. He arrived with a big suitcase of clothes, shoes and accessories and explained the different story ideas and outfits needed. I told him I had never been “styled” before and that my own personal style could be summed up by saying floral and floaty!

Obviously in adverts the creative directors have their own ideas about how everyone should look and what colours, patterns etc. work on screen. I told Scott that I was just so happy to be included that if it was necessary that I dressed up as a giant chicken or something I would happily do it!

Fortunately dressing as a giant chicken was not required; instead we were looking at two different outfits, one casual and one dressy. I think I surprised Scott by telling him I didn’t own a pair of jeans. For me casual just means wearing slightly less jewellery than normal so even the casual jeans and T shirt outfit was interesting for me. I am famous amongst my friends and family for always dressing inappropriately for every occasion. I still remember watching the Banger racing with the boys in my long white flow skirt and getting sprayed with mud as soon as they drove off. I think it goes right back to the time of school field trips to climb up hills and investigate rock formations, when I used to wear my new stilettos!

The second outfit was much dressier but again a dressy outfit for me is the same thing as every other occasion just with higher heels! Unfortunately Scott had my size written down slightly wrong and despite Bridget Jones knickers and a hold it in vest I was not able to shrink two dress sizes! I suggested emergency liposuction but we both agreed as he had to be in Southampton in the next two hours there probably wasn’t time. By the time I was zipped up I was seriously holding my breath, so let’s hope I don’t go blue next time we try them on! I now await for the verdict on the outfits, and plastic surgery options, from the advert directors and production team, in the meantime, I think I might try to loose a few pounds, just in case; wish me luck!

My most recent exciting mission as the new face of Iceland was opening in a new store in Dursley, just north of Bristol where my old friend Martin from the Nailsea store is the new manager. I was lucky enough to be invited to join in with the grand opening, along with the Mayor. It will also be good practice for me because as you may imagine I have never done this sort of thing before, and as I am also officially opening the boy’s school summer fair, I need all the practice I can get.

Make sure you come back next week to find out whether I had to make a short speech, mind you when I’m nervous it sometimes goes the other way and perhaps they’ll be trying to cut me off mid ramble before the hot dogs get cold!

Ellie
X

No comments:

Post a Comment