Friday 3 September 2010

Just Dance!

WE HAVE A NEW GAME AND ARE KEEPING FIT TOO....
IT’S VERY COMPETITIVE, BETWEEN ME AND YOU....
ROB AND LUKE WON’T STOP TIL THEY PROVE WHO IS BEST...
I KEEP SITTING DOWN AS I NEED A REST!

Well after last week’s blog I expect you would have thought the last thing I wanted to do any more of was dancing. That would have been true if I hadn’t discovered “Just dance” on the Wii.

We are nearing the end of the six week school break and this is the time I normally start pulling my hair out and counting down the hours and minutes till school starts again. Don’t get me wrong, I love doing things with the boys but after all the complicated child care arrangements for work, when you have exhausted all the exciting day trips and run out of money, it can get hard to think of new entertainments! When I saw this game on the shelf in the shop I just thought that might buy me a bit more time before boredom and destruction set in. I didn’t realise that it would be so much fun for adults too! You basically have to copy the person on the screen and score points every time you get the moves right and do them in time. Four people can dance at the same time so we operated ‘a winner stays on’ policy. I have never laughed as much as I did watching Rob and Luke trying to beat each other dancing to the song “Girls just wanna have fun”. I actually filmed it on my camera and am keeping it for blackmail potential with the threat of posting it on YouTube! My absolute favourite was “The Eye of the Tiger” which involves boxing moves so must be good for reducing bingo wings. I have decided I must have a natural undiscovered talent for boxing too as I got the highest scores on this particular song. A new hobby perhaps?!

We also had a visit from a photographer this week. It is for a magazine article to tie in with the first adverts that will hit your screens very shortly. Although we knew what to expect this time, having done it once before, I still don’t think we are a “celeb “ family yet. Luke still insists on pulling his ears out and going cross-eyed whenever a camera is pointed in his direction and saying “look at me I am a monkey”. Sam and I are quite used to this but I’m not sure the photographer was! I was trying to bribe them with everything I could think of to do what they were told and to stop pulling faces. In the end it was the chocolate that did it, and I even gave one to the photographer which he seemed very happy about. Sam actually has an interest in photography and enjoyed having a chat about lenses, flashes, and how to set yourself up as a free lance photographer, so watch this space!

As the new term approaches we had time for one last day trip today and as I was also looking after 2 extra children for a friend, I thought going out was a good idea. We went to “@ Bristol” which is a huge hands-on science centre that has links with the people who make the Wallace and Grommet films. Something Bristol is very proud of. There is so much to do there you couldn’t do it all in a full day. Luke made a bubble so big his head fitted in it, I had great fun playing with iron filings and a big magnet which reminded me of science lessons in school. Sam found a huge hamster wheel to run in and we all found out how much the average brain weighs at different stages in life. There was also a whole section dedicated to animations where you could make your own film and email it back to your home computer. Our favourite bit though was the planetarium which is inside a huge metal ball where you sit in reclining cinema seats and watch the ceiling whilst they project lots of star constellations and tell you what you are looking at. I decided there and then that if I ever became a millionaire I would have my own planetarium installed in my bedroom at home and just lie and look at the starry ceiling every night!

Sam and Luke also had a taster of what I have already experienced with Iceland, filming for TV. There is a whole “studio” where you can choose backgrounds and camera angles and broadcast yourself reading the news or doing the weather forecast. There are buttons to add on sound effects such as laughter, applause and music. It really was a great day out and I personally enjoyed myself so much I have now signed us up for a year’s membership so we can go back whenever we want!

The next exciting thing on the agenda is my wardrobe call for the final advertising campaign this year. I’m off to Manchester tomorrow to meet my old friend from a previous blog Scott the stylist. I wonder what he will have me wearing this time?! Can’t wait to find out so come back next week when I may have more information…

Thanks for reading
Ellie
X

No comments:

Post a Comment