Friday 10 September 2010

Special Tasting and Wardrobe Call

A BIG BOX ARRIVED BY SPECIAL DELIVERY.....
LOTS OF TASTY THINGS TO TRY FOR OUR TEA.....
PRODUCTS SO NEW THEY AREN’T IN THE SHOPS.....
WE WILL ENJOY FILLING OUR CHOPS!

I don’t know about anyone else, but I love receiving things in the post that aren’t junk mail or bills. I feel very happy just to see a post card on the mat, so you can imagine my excitement at receiving a big box of 10 new products from Iceland. These new items are coming soon but have not reached the stores yet. I feel very privileged to test them all out with friends and family, and let you all know what we thought on my product of the week page.


Sam and Luke take the testing very seriously as I pay them 20p each per product reviewed. They have to do it properly and write notes and scores on taste, value and appearance! Perhaps after all this training one of them will decide to be a food critic when they grow up and become famous for sitting in classy restaurants reducing the chef to tears!

Luke found that the other great thing about being sent a big box of food is that you can turn the big box into the “Luke express aeroplane” with a few bits of sellotape and some pens!




I also had another trip up to Manchester this week for a wardrobe call to see what I would be wearing for the next set of adverts. We all had different time slots with my old friend Scott the stylist, but I did manage to bump into Eve and Sam having their fittings too. It was lovely to see them again after the London filming. I can’t say too much except this time it was one dressy, and one casual outfit. Scott is always the professional and had several different things to try so am just keeping my fingers crossed now I get my favourite on the day!

We also met the director of these new adverts and she gave me some vocal exercises to do that real actors use. They involve making odd noises and pulling funny faces so needless to say the boys are enjoying laughing at their mum again when I try to practise at home. I’m sure Meryl Streep doesn’t have to put up with children laughing at her at saying “Mum you sound like a mad person”! I hope it all pays off.

I caught the train to Manchester and back this time which was a three hour journey each way but I have to say I really enjoyed the trip. When at home or work there is always something to be doing and I rarely sit down, but on a train you have no choice so I made the most of the time and read my book and listened to my iPod . People that travel on trains all the time probably find it very boring, but for me I felt more relaxed than ever and made the most of some “me time”.

It was also back to school time this week. You know it’s that time of year again when the trees start to lose their leaves, it’s time to put the garden furniture away, and suddenly there are lots of adverts on T.V for pencil cases and anti nit shampoo!! Mind you it also means we are getting closer to the first screening of the autumn Iceland adverts too. I really can’t wait to see the results of our efforts as sometimes I still think I dreamt the whole thing. I won’t truly believe I’ve done it until I see myself on TV.

It is a big year for Rob’s son James as he starts senior school. I thought he looked very smart and grown up in his new uniform and actually more like an estate agent, or business man than a school boy. He said the first day went well so I hope he enjoys his time there. Sam has one more year and then he will move up too. It still seems like only yesterday I was taking him to toddler groups and “Music with Mummies,” where we all embarrassed ourselves by singing very badly to our children who were too young to complain!

We are only one week into the new term and have already lost: 1 school jumper, 1 lunch box and 1 P.E. trainer, and yes they were all name tagged! I am thinking of tying all the kids’ clothes and possessions to them before sending them off to school in future as that seems the only way to stop them leaving things in silly places and just walking off! I will make them look like buskers with everything attached by bits of string unless anyone can suggest any better ideas?

Thanks for reading and please come back next week when I can tell you about our preparations for filming the last adverts.
Ellie
X

No comments:

Post a Comment