Thursday 17 February 2011

Fame for all the family!

THE DOG’S IN THE PAPER, AND ROB’S ON T.V...

SAM’S ON U-TUBE FOR ALL TO SEE...

JUST WAITING FOR LUKE, NOW WHAT WILL HE BE?

THERE’S NO ESCAPE FOR THE PUBLIC FROM MY FAMILY!


Hello again,

This week it seems everyone in my family is in the media including the dog!

I opened this week’s local paper to find an article written about the rescue centre where we found Pip, and across a two page spread there was a picture of her puppies! The story told of the work done at the centre and in particular Pip’s own story of how she came to be there when she was pregnant.

Not to be outdone, last night my phone kept going off from people texting to tell me they had just seen Rob on our local news too. I completely missed it as he hadn’t said a word about it, but apparently a film crew had turned up outside a pub where he was celebrating a colleague’s retirement. He said he didn’t know he was going to be on the news, but I did ask him who he thought the people were interviewing him and pointing a camera at him and why he didn’t ask what it was for? Apparently he thought it was just some random people making a film and didn’t recognise the news reporter!

Sam is also getting some fame in his own right for playing the drums in a u-tube video so now I’m just wondering what Luke is going to appear in next.

 I wonder, now that she’s had a taste of fame should I get Pip an agent and sign her up for some dog food adverts? I could teach her how to do the Can- Can and tell her how it all works when you make adverts from my own wealth of experience! I don’t think Rob will be following up his experience in the media as he was so embarrassed he refused to watch himself.

Anyway, in the real world this week I completed my induction course for my new carer’s job. Now I just have to wait for all the references and checks. The induction days were good and the others starting with me were all very friendly. One of the topics we had to cover was health and safety. I think whatever your job in this day and age you always have to cover the health and safety at work act. I understand that this is important and serious and has to be covered, but I do also think we have gone totally health and safety mad in this country. Some of the things you “learn” are so common sense that you sit there thinking if I wasn’t capable of working that out for myself I don’t think I would have made it to 39 years old! I have watched many training health and safety films for many different jobs, but they are all along the same lines. I remember one where you had to watch different scenes and then answer questions as to whether or not what the person was doing was good practice or dangerous. For example, a man in an office putting his cup of coffee on top of his computer monitor, or someone going up a wobbly step ladder in their slippers and standing on tiptoe on the top. If you take it all too much to heart you come to the conclusion that the only safe thing to do is to sit in a room surrounded by cushions and never leave the house just in case! I’m afraid my philosophy in life is that you take your own risks and as long as you never endanger any innocent bystanders you have the right to do the odd stupid thing! Let’s face it many sports and jobs would be completely banned, and life would become very boring if no one ever took a calculated risk.

I had some more exciting news this week when my list of new trial products came from Iceland. Everyone in the family (and some of the neighbours) love it when I have to write the food reviews, and I’m never short of volunteers to make sure I am giving an unbiased opinion. I am already planning the “Family Take Out Box,” for when Rob’s children come for tea in the week, and am personally quite excited about the “Lamb Moussaka,” so please check weekly on the Iceland website to see what we thought!


Sam and Luke have a new favourite tea at the moment and it’s “wraps.” Basically you can put pretty much anything you like inside a wrap but they particularly like the Quorn pieces with cheese and salad. It’s a good meal to do for children and adults eating together as you can add different things according to your own taste and they are always fun to make at the table. If they have eaten it all sensibly, I do allow them to do something silly with the last wrap. Luke has found you can make a “wrap mask” by eating the eye holes and mouth shape and Sam has attempted some animal shapes! Yes I know you shouldn’t play with your food but sometimes it can be fun and it does all get eaten in the end.




We also stuck to our family decision of making sure we have a meal together at least once a month when my parents and brother came over for a Chinese takeaway. My mum had a friend staying so with the extra guest I found my table could actually fit 8 people round it at a push. I think I might invite them all back to do some food testing.

Anyway that’s our news so far for this week, the boys are off to the school Valentine’s disco tonight so please come back next week when I can tell you how they got on. That is assuming they tell me anything, which they probably won’t!

Thanks for reading

Ellie
X

No comments:

Post a Comment