Thursday 30 December 2010

Christmas approaches!

ITS NEARLY TIME FOR THE BIG DAY...
SANTA’S POLISHING UP HIS SLEIGH....
PRESENTS READY AND SHOPPING DONE....
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Hello again and I hope you are all prepared and excited for Christmas!

As it’s a special week I have a guest blogger for one week only to tell you in his own words what Christmas is all about. It’s the one the only SAM TAYLOR (aged 10)....

“Hi people, I think Christmas is all about........... XMAS DINNER of course! it’s amazing especially when it’s from Iceland!!!! :D I would like to receive... Well, get enough Christmas money for an Xbox 360 Elite. Anyway when it’s the amazing day, we are having our whole family round. It’s going to be the best Christmas ever!!!! I have made a board game for Christmas called Christmas Delivery and it’s a bit like monopoly. Hopefully my mum will put a picture of it on the Iceland website. I’m also feeling ecstatic because it is my first ever in my own house - all thanks to Iceland!!!!!“

By
Sam Taylor :D

OK it’s back to me now. An Xbox? He’ll be lucky! I do have something in store for them both that I hope will get the “wow factor” on the big day but it’s not an Xbox so I’ll have to tell you next week how they liked their presents.

Snow
I think most parts of the country have been hit by snow this week. Whilst this looks very pretty at Christmas time it has been causing a few problems. Unfortunately someone must have slid into the back of my parked car whilst I was at work last week and I now have a smashed up bumper that needs replacing. I know accidents happen in this weather but if I had been the one crashing into someone I would have left a note. This means I will now be asking Father Christmas for car parts this year!

I always do a lot of my Christmas shopping online and have always considered myself very clever for avoiding the scrums at the shops. This year however it has backfired on me a bit and I have had an anxious wait to see if my deliveries will arrive in time. I still have a couple of items outstanding so am just keeping fingers and toes crossed now!

Christmas Parties
It’s been a busy week for parties and celebrations too. Unfortunately I have had the winter lurgy bug and felt really quite ill. I keep telling myself at least it means I will be better by Christmas day if I get it out of the way now, but it does spoil things when you sit sniffing and coughing throughout your get together! First it was a Christmas meal with my work colleagues, and then I had a secret Santa party with some neighbours. I love secret Santa and always get so excited about a present when you have no idea what might be inside. Secret Santa was kind this year and got me everything a girl could want: some wine, some chocolates and some smellies! There were about 12 of us at the party and yet again it was an occasion when Iceland party food really came into its own. We all brought a couple of items with no one spending more than a couple of pounds and had enough food to feed the whole street!

Finally this week we also had our annual pre Christmas lunch with my friend Helen and her children. This is a tradition for us that dates back about 6 years. We take it in turns every year to go to each other’s houses and have a full roast dinner with all the trimmings just like the real thing. We exchange and unwrap our presents to each other and it is good practice for the big day. The children are getting older now, but I still forced them all to sit through “The Snowman” and “Father Christmas” on DVD to get into the spirit of things! After complaining, they did manage to forget for a minute they are too old for all that and actually enjoyed it!

So with two more days of work to go and most of the presents wrapped, and most of the food bought, I want to wish you all a very Happy Christmas!

Thanks for reading

Ellie

X

No comments:

Post a Comment